Friday, October 30, 2009

Moments

Yesterday was Sweet Pea's Halloween parade and party at preschool. She dressed as a horse and rider. She had a great time. She was thrilled that I was able to come to her party. I had fun enjoying time with her and not worrying about Panda Girl, who was at mother's day out. At one point during the party she turned to me and said, "I love you Mommy". Then she hugged me. It was one of those moments. I still feel my little heart overflowing this morning just thinking about it.

Before we had kids these were the moments I looked forward to experiencing. The times when your heart is so full you are sure it is going to burst. I am thankful for each one I have had with these little ladies. Before I was a mom I had the delusion that these moments would be frequent. I didn't realize they would be so much work to achieve. However, the work makes the moments more special. I know I would take them for granted if I had not invested hours of time and energy in my little ladies.

As I struggled to drift off to sleep last night, I replayed this time with Sweet Pea as Panda Girl partied in her crib for over three hours. Hopefully I will have a good moment with her today because this mommy was not amused by the late night partying. I suppose it is just God's way of keeping us honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment