Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Big D

This morning was chaos. Panda Girl woke up early, so I had plenty of time to get organized. However, it was one of those mornings when the phone rings as you are herding two children and two dogs down the stairs. One of those mornings when you hear yourself growling, "How many times do I have to tell you to get in the car and sit in your seat?". It was one of those mornings when you somehow miss every green light. While I am never a truly calm person, I am a bundle of nerves today.

I have a younger sister. Have I ever mentioned her? Anyway, Sister has been struggling lately. She married the wrong person just over three years ago. The marriage officially started to unravel 18 months ago. By last New Year's Sister had kicked Party Man out of the house. It continued on as one would expect. They would reconcile. Party Man would be caught lying, again. He would be asked to vacate the premesis yet again. And so on and so forth.

Today is The Big D Day. It is Sister's divorce mediation. Party Man has made this process painful and difficult (I know, shocking). They are in the process of arguing over things like china, crystal, and cars as I write. I jump each time the phone rings, hoping to hear of a fair outcome. Although I wonder if there is such a thing in these situations.

My parents and I have been struggling with how to help her through this situation. None of us have been divorced. I am not accustomed to my little sister going through a situation I have never experienced. All I know to do is pray. I am praying this will just be a faint memory soon. I pray she will start to feel whole again once this is all over. In short I am praying for healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment