Friday, October 9, 2009

Yeah! I Did It!

I did it. I found a babysitter. After procrastinating for months, I have found a woman who I feel confident can take good care of our little ladies. It is time for Husband and I to start acting like a married couple (rather than just parents) again.

Our trip to New Orleans was great. We laughed together. We remembered why we liked each other in the first place. I want to continue this trend. Husband would rather continue to rely on family to watch the kids. We will still ask them for help from time to time. I like the idea of having a very capable young woman come and take care of them. I don't feel guilty asking a babysitter to come. I'm paying her. She is getting something tangible in return for her work. I am not inconveniencing her.

I truly hope this will bring us closer. We have always had a strong marriage. I just want to ensure it stays strong. With little ladies it requires more forethought. This is the start of that effort. I hope it goes well.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could be your baby sitter! I'd love to play with your little ones (and get them to bed on time of course)...too bad I'm thousands of miles away :(

    ReplyDelete