Friday, October 2, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane

Husband's job takes him away from us on a regular basis. The destinations are never glamorous. He typically goes to either the New Orleans area or to College Station, TX. He does have some flexibility. If there is something I need him to attend, he tries to work around the event. However, this is not the easiest schedule to manage. I rarely know very far in advance when he is leaving. Thus, I typically expect him to be gone. If he stays in town that week, it is a bonus.

One thing I know about kids is how much they crave a routine. It makes them feel secure. Panda Girl has been having separation anxiety on and off for months. It seems that just as we get it under control, he heads out of town, and the anxious behavior returns. The last few days have been better. Husband has been gone and Panda Girl has handled it well. So far. Tomorrow is going to turn her little world upside down.

Tomorrow Husband has to go back to New Orleans in order to attend a class on Sunday. Sadly for him, he has not seen Panda Girl since Tuesday. He saw Sweet Pea for ten minutes before bed on Wednesday, but that is all. He will be gone until Thursday night. I don't know how he goes that long without loving on our sweet babies. I am sure it is hard on him.

Since he knew this was going to be a long stretch for me, he was kind enough to ask me to accompany him. Thus, tomorrow we are leaving the little ladies with my parents and jetting off to New Orleans. I am very excited to go (I am coming home Monday at noon). This is only the second time we are leaving the girls overnight since Panda Girl was born, she is 17 months. I hope this will not be too much for my littlest lady to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment