Saturday, April 24, 2010

Update on Gluten

I know many of you are bored to tears of me talking about my tummy problems.  Sorry, I have had some people ask to be kept aprised of the situation and this is the easiest way to get the message out to the masses.  I have been gluten-free for a couple of days now.  Wow, what a difference.  My intense tummy pain is gone.  I have not needed a single pain pill.  My energy is way up.  I had been barely making it to nap time before I would also crash into a sounds sleep every day.  The last two days I have not needed one.  I even had energy to spare last night.  Thus, I believe my quest to find out what is wrong has come to a conclusion.  I have no idea what the biopsy results are from Thursday, but I feel so much better that it does not even matter.  I will be off gluten from here on out.  There are many things I will miss, but my massive pain is not one of those things.  I did find a gluten free bakery in town.  I am thrilled.  The proprietor also offers services where she will help you learn how to eat gluten-free.  I sent her an email and I hope she will be able to help as she offered.  I truly need a mentor on this culinary journey.

1 comment: