Sunday, April 11, 2010

Book Review Time!

I have to apologize for not reviewing my books lately.  I have continued to read compulsively during my review drought, I have just been lazy about reviewing my literature.  I am going to start with Olive Kitteridge: Fiction by Elizabeth Strout.  This book is totally different from any other I have ever read.  It tells the tales of Olive's life through a series of short stories.  They are mostly told in chronological order.  As a character she is very real.  She has strengths, faults, heartbreaks and triumphs.  She is a mother, wife, teacher and friend.  There are times you love her and times you loath her. 

While at times the chosen style can seem disjointed, in the end I enjoyed the book.  I would not say it was one that I could not put down.  However, if you are looking for a well-written enjoyable book, this is a good read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment