Saturday, November 7, 2009

My Day

Today is my birthday. When I was growing up, today was a day to be pampered and spoiled. My mom was great at the spoiling. She even spoiled me this morning. She and Dad watched the kids last night so Husband and I could go to a fantastic event at the zoo. Then she got up Panda Girl up for us this morning. She made us breakfast.

Why am I using the plural pronoun? Today is also Husband's birthday. I never wanted to share my birthday. With anyone. While it might not sound like a big deal to share this coveted day, it has always bugged me a bit. I can't dictate the day. We are two years apart, sadly I am older, so some years I don't really get much of a day. Last year Husband turned 30 and my 32nd birthday got lost in the shuffle. I didn't mind. He deserved the fantastic surprise party planned for him. It was a great time. However, I did not get my day.

So this year I am going to be a little bratty. I plan to assert my desires more than I have in the past. Also, I plan to eat several days worth of calories in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment