Friday, August 28, 2009

Updates

This morning I am dashing out the door, so these are just some quick updates....

1. The pool play date was not too bad. I knew one of the moms there and the pool was actually closed. So we ended up at a nearby park. It was really hot, but at least I didn't have to take off the cover-up. People were mostly friendly and we all kept conversations limited to the basics. There was one "perfect" mom, but it almost seemed as if she was trying really hard to cover up her own insecurities. Thus, I am considering the outing a success - even if I was the mom letting her toddler cavort around barefoot (I had not brought shoes for her).

2. Once we were home, the phone rang. It was a nearby church in which I had been trying to get Panda Girl enrolled. After much thought I had realized I need her to go to mother's day out two days per week, not just one. With Husband traveling, I will need that time for my sanity. On top of that this church was my only plan. I had no Plan B. So, I had been calling, emailing, and praying for a spot for her. Thus, when the woman on the other end of the call introduced herself, I literally jumped for joy. She is able to start on Tuesday!

3. Today I am taking Sweet Pea to meet her teacher. We are heading out to swim lessons and then going straight to the school. She is nervous. She keeps asking me if I am going to stay with her. I keep assuring her that today I will be right there with her. I really hope this makes Monday easier.

4. This weekend I have another book to review. It is one we read in my book club. I'll just say that I loved the book and I will leave you in suspense as to the title.

I hope everyone has a happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment