Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bye-Bye Summer

This is the last official week of our summer. The little ladies don't have "school" this week (it was only once a week this summer anyway). Next week Sweet Pea starts preschool. Real preschool. She has attended mother's day out for the last couple of years. She always had fun. Her teachers loved her. She had a little best friend, Jackson. Jackson lives far away, so she probably won't ever see him again. Sigh. That makes me sad for her. I can't seem to grasp what starting school will mean for us. She will be at learning all kinds of things three days a week. She has new teachers to charm and new friends to make. I have my money on the fact that she will become fast friends with the rowdiest boy in the class. Panda Girl will greatly miss her sister. I'm planning on taking her to a gymboree class one of the days Sweet Pea is gone. Another day, Panda Girl will be at mother's day out. I'm not sure what we will do the other day we have to ourselves.

All of this to say I am savoring this week. The last week before Sweet Pea starts her many, many years of school. She has no idea how many years of education are in front of her. I just pray she loves to learn and is an eager student. I can't believe she is such a big girl. While I am ready for her to begin this new phase, I am mourning my baby. Luckily I have Panda Girl to enjoy, at least until she starts preschool.

No comments:

Post a Comment