Friday, August 21, 2009

Every Great Story Has A Beginning, This is Mine...

I am a stay at home mom with three great loves: my husband, my girls, and my books. While the human loves keep my heart full to overflowing; they do not always keep my mind as active as my body. This is where my books step in and take me away. They remove me from my mundane duties (read: the dishes, the diapers, the dusting). Books remind me of how wonderful this little life truly is and that it is something to be cherished.

I find reading to be highly personal. I believe we choose books to read based on our own lives. How will this book relate to my life? Do I just need to escape for a couple of days? Do I feel the need to learn something new? How have other people dealt with the problems I am facing? I will share my own struggles and my own thoughts. I will also review the books I read. I promise to never give away the ending of any book and I promise to be honest.

I will also share stories from my mundane, everyday, wonderful life. I will work to be open and honest. I do not sugar coat in real life, so I will strive to be direct here also. I am flawed and opinionated, which I have found is not always the best combination for a person. At times you will sympathize with me and at times you will loathe me. Hopefully you will relate to me and find me sincere.

1 comment:

  1. Flawed...aren't we all! And opinionated - I like a woman who knows what she wants - sometimes I wish I were more opinionated. Loathe you? Never :)

    ReplyDelete