Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

What a crazy weekend.  Sweet Pea had her first friend sleepover.  Her friends, ER and AC, spent the night Friday night.  The girls' mom and I were college roommates and had planned a garage sale together.  All three girls slept in Sweet Pea's room together.  She was ecstatic.  She gave them her stuffed animals (so they would feel comfortable).  She even willingly gave up all movie selection privileges to her friends during the garage sale the next day.  I was pleasantly surprised with how much she enjoyed her friends.  It was adorable.  It was also a huge realization that she is growing up more everyday. 

Sunday we got up early.  Husband had arranged for us to attend our local zoo's Sea Lion breakfast.  They had a hot breakfast for us and the sea lions put on a show.  The trainers were on hand to answer questions about their animals.  They were adorable.  It was very fun for all of us.  It was even a cool morning, which is rare around here these days.  After we walked the zoo a while longer Husband dropped me off at home and ventured out to the suburbs to visit his mother.  I had been feeling under the weather all weekend, so I truly enjoyed the quiet time in our home.  Later we went out to dinner with my family.  All in all it was a lovely Mother's Day.  I hope you enjoyed yours as much as I enjoyed mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment