Friday, July 9, 2010

On the road again

Today we begin our pilgrimage to the Quad Cities in Illinois.  We are heading up to spend tonight with my parents north of town.  Tomorrow morning we will officially be on the road, bright and early.  Mom and Sister will be with us for the fun.  I have packed up our clothes, which is the easy part. Now I need to spend the afternoon gathering up the other various and sundry items we will use during the next week.  Thus, my mind is churning.  Trying to figure out what is vital for the little ladies and what is just extra stuff.  Clearly we need Panda Girl's pack and play since it will double as her bed.  A panda or two will also make their way into the minivan with Panda Girl's passies (for bedtime only these days).  The DVDs will be coming as well.  I have never been so glad we sprung for the built in DVD player in the van.  I am also going to make sure we all have our pillows, as sleep is very important in our family.  The girls will have their crayons and lacing cards and books.  I will bring my kindle and probably my knitting stuff too.  We have large amounts of snacks for the road too.  I have also ensured the cameras are charged and the memory cards are cleared. 

Are there any things I am missing?  What are your essentials?

No comments:

Post a Comment